Trust on internet and the business generated out of the internet is shifting to a different scale. KPCB research reveals a few key messages on the internet usage and a shift in business patterns emerging in different geographies like USA, China & India.
* Global Internet user growth is solid but slowing. Global Smartphone subscription growth is solid but slowing.
* Global internet usage growth is strong due to growth of Mobile & Video.
* Total internet ad revenue is 50B in which mobile ad contributes 13B.
* Ad Formats are getting optimized for Mobile – Vertical screen.
* Mobile instant messaging has evolved into a top platform across the globe.
* In developing countries smartphones account for only 26% of total phone market.
* USA market’s top consumer spending categories 1)Housing 2)Transportation 3)Food. Hence technology innovation is higher in this space in USA like airbnb, Uber, Instacart etc.
* Consumer Drone Usage – USA – 35%; Europe – 30%; China – 15%.
* Cyber Attacks are growing bigger and faster – Top Causes a) Insider misuse; b) Mobile devices used to harvest data.
* Big Internet market – China is #1 in internet user mass; India is #1 in new user additions.
* 65% of internet traffic in India are from mobile phones.
* 45% of e-commerce traffic in India are from mobile phones.
Image Courtesy by pixabay